Home Page

Meetings:
Minutes (pdf file)
Treasurer's Report (pdf file)
Agenda (pdf file)

Administration:
District Officers
By-laws & Standing Rules
Protocols
Award Honorees
Conferences
History
Local Societies
Society Update Form
Personal Update Form
Logos
Newsletter (pdf file)
Public Gardens

Consulting Rosarians:
Consulting Rosarians
Annual Report Form
CR Status
Master Rosarian Form (pdf file)
How to become a Consulting Rosarian

Judges:
District Judges
Hort. Judges' Report Form
Arr. Judges' Report Form
Hort. Judge's Status
Arr. Judge's Status

Rose Shows:
District Trophies & Winners
Rose Show Results

Rose Culture:
District Roses in Review
Award of Merit Articles
District Rose Culture
Best Roses for the District

Misc:
Other Interesting Sites
Text Site Map

 

 

History of the East Bay Rose Society

Organized 1947
From EBRS History Files

Dr. Charles Vernon Covell, a member of the East Bay Counties Rose Society (founded 1933), was President of the American Rose Society for the years of 1946 and 1947. In January of 1947 more than 40 rosarians met in Oakland's Central Bank building to form The Rose Study Club of Oakland. Dr. Covell asked William A. (Bill) Seher to head a committee to prepare for the organization of the club at the next meeting.

Members of that first board were: Alvin Kyte, President; Mrs. Carrie Dozier, Vice President; Bill Seher, Secretary/Treasurer; William Frapwell, Ellen Salter (Leloy), Harold Westcott, Directors; and Dr. Covell in the Past President chair. Dues were $4.50 per year, which included the $3.50 ARS dues! Regular meetings were to be held in January, March, May, September, and November (the annual meeting). The name EAST BAY ROSE SOCIETY was adopted along with new by-laws at the October 15, 1958 meeting.

 



Last updated: 3/7/09
©NCNH District
All Rights Reserved

Webmaster: gailtrimble@ncnhdistrict.org

Return to NCNH District Home Page